A little bit of magic and a little encouragement is all a child needs to flourish and pique their curiosity. Whether it is their first scribble, the first time they learn how to write an alphabet, or the first time they are able to distinguish colors, it’s a milestone to be proud of. One of the best things you can do for your child is gift them the joy of learning, and for that an easel can be the perfect aide. It’s a great addition to your child’s room and can keep them occupied for hours.
With a plethora of options to choose from, narrowing it down to one can be quite the task. Hence, MomJunction is here to make it easier for you. Check out the 15 best kids easels right here!
15 Best Kids Easels To Keep Them Engaged
1. Arkmiido Easel With Double-Sided Board
This sturdy wooden easel is a great way to keep kids entertained. One side of the easel is a magnetic dry erase board while the other side is a black chalkboard. It also features a locking paper holder on the top of the easel and a handy tray underneath to conveniently store art supplies.
- The stand is height adjustable (38 inches to 51.9 inches)
- Easy to assemble
- Folds easily for storage
- The easel comes with 4 paint cups, magnetic letters and numbers and dust-free chalk
- It is made of durable wood
2. Melissa And Doug Deluxe Standing Easel
For over 30 years, Melissa and Doug have been at the forefront of creating products that enhance kids’ creativity and learning like this standing easel. It includes a dry erase board, a chalkboard, and a locking paper roll holder, all of which help in building your child’s fine motor skills. It is also height adjustable, and easy to assemble.
- Includes a safe paper cutter, 4 easy clip grips, and 2 plastic trays
- The board surfaces are easy to clean
- Folds flat for easy storage
- Paint, paint brushes, cups, and chalk are packaged separately
- Designed for children over 3 years of age
- Bi-fold wood frame allows two children to use it simultaneously
3. Joyooss Kids Wooden Easel
This wooden easel can single-handedly keep your child engaged for hours while inspiring creative learning. It comes with a magnetic green board on one side and a chalkboard on the other along with clips for securing paper in place. The height of this easel can be adjusted from 37 inches to 50 inches.
- Both sides of the easel are magnetic
- It is made of high-quality wood and contains no formaldehyde
- Includes 1 roll of 16ft drawing paper
- Comes with 1 storage box, 3 whiteboard pen, and a board eraser
- It also includes colorful magnetic letters
4. Step 2 All Around Easel For 2
Step 2 is constantly evolving and looking for new, exciting ways to include active social play into children’s lives. With this easel, your child can scribble away to glory in either the dry erase board or the chalkboard. The tray can hold all of your child’s immediate accessories required for play while the storage bins make it easy to keep his surroundings clean.
- This is a 2-sided art board
- It comes with 2 removable side trays and 1 large tray
- It also includes art clips
- It comes with a 94-piece soft foam magnet set
- Requires minimal assembly
- Lightweight yet sturdy
5. Delta Children Double-Sided Easel
Featuring the adorable Skye and Everest from Paw Patrol, this easel has a chalkboard on one side and a magnetic board on the other. Constructed with strong and durable wood, it also comes with two large fabric bins for easy storage. It also meets or exceeds all safety standards set by the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
- Designed for children over 3 years
- Includes alphabet magnets
- Fabric bins are kept underneath the board
- Available in different variants of Nick.Jr characters
6. Step 2 Flip And Doodle Desk
A complete work-station built for children, this easel also transforms into a desk. All you need to do is flip the easel down, and voila, you have a desk! The art clip provided can be used to secure paper for drawing and painting, and the tabletop caddy is ideal for storing arts and crafts supplies.
- This easel comes with a magnetic dry erase board
- Includes 3 large and 2 small bins
- The space on the back can be used for storage
- Includes a comfortable stool
7. KidKraft Deluxe Wood Easel
As this easel is crafted with wood composite, parents can rest assured that it is going to be a sturdy and durable one. It comes with a paper dispenser attached to the top, which can easily be refilled. This double-sided board is flanked by two mini-trays on either side and a large tray underneath the boards.
- Includes 2 patented anti-slip sealable cups
- Dry erase and chalkboard surfaces
- Includes 1 roll of art paper
- Height adjustable to 3 different heights
- It is sturdy, so it won’t tip over easily
8. B. Toys By Battat Art Easel For Kids
A double-sided easel can only mean one thing: twice the fun for your kids. The white and black boards are easy to clean with a damp cloth, and the easel itself comes in the perfect height for children. Made of durable wood, it looks exactly like a full-sized easel.
- Includes two large storage bins
- Comes with two handy wooden trays
- The sturdy clips hold the paper in place on top of the board
- Easy to assemble
9. Arkmiido Wooden Art Easel
Get your child’s creative juices flowing with this 3-in-1 easel. As they scribble with chalk on the blackboard and play with markers in the whiteboard, they can also use paper rolls on top of it to create beautiful art pieces. It is suitable for children from 2-9 years of age.
- It is 30-45 inches in height
- Has chalk slots on both sides
- Comes with a large shelf on the bottom
- Includes a magnetic letter and math set along with 6 magnetic cartoon stickers
- Also comes with 3 dust-free chalks, 1 chalk cover, and a whiteboard eraser
- 99% dust-proof board surface
10. Delta Children Kids Easel And Play Station
Perfect for the little princess in your life, this pink easel retracts to reveal a spacious desktop. It is easy to assemble, and easy to clean, and also features a storage area large enough to keep your child’s toys.
- Comes with a magnetic dry erase board
- Includes a stool that holds upto 50 pounds
- Large removable storage fabric toy bin
- Organizer slots on reverse side
- Safe and durable finish
11. Toys Of Wood Oxford Wooden Easel For Children
A fun way to have your child sit in one spot while engaged in something productive, this foldable whiteboard wooden easel is adjustable as well. It can also stand on the table top or be used flat on the floor and is environmentally friendly.
- Comes with an erasable marker and eraser
- Includes 25 magnetic wooden shapes, alphabets, and numbers
- Includes 10 cards with 20 patterns
- A paper roll is included
- Also comes with a beautiful storage bag
12. BeeBeeRun Kids Tabletop Easel
This multipurpose tabletop easel comes with a dry erase board and a chalkboard. It’s made of high-quality wood and folds flat for easy storage. The chalkboard can easily be wiped with a wet cloth or a wet eraser.
- Comes with a built-in wooden paper roll holder and a paper roll
- Includes a dust-free chalk
- Also comes with magnetic shape blocks and 140+ letter and number magnets
- Can be used as flat board
13. MMP Living Kids Easel
The pop of red color is the first thing that will attract not just your attention, but also your child’s. The boards in this kids’ easel can be easily adjusted by loosening the side knobs and sliding the board to the desired height. The height can be adjusted from 38 to 48 inches.
- Chalkboard on one side and magnetic board on the other
- Comes with a large base shelf
- Includes 2 removable fabric storage bins for optimal storage
- Convenient knobs for portability
- Comes with an easy assembly manual
14. Grow’n Up Crayola Kids Easel
Made with an official Crayola licence, this double easel is ideal for kids over three years of age. Not only does it come with a large surface area, it also folds easily to be stowed away. It stands at 42.2 inches and can be assembled with minimal effort.
- Features a dry-erase and traditional chalkboard on opposite sides
- Each board includes a clip to securely hold paper in place
- Has a spacious storage tray beneath the board
- Comes with 77 magnetic letters and numbers
- Also includes Crayola chalk in 12 colors and 1 Crayola eraser
15. Hape Early Explorer Tabletop Kids Easel
This tabletop easel can keep your little genius hooked for hours. With a magnetic whiteboard on one side and a chalkboard on the other, this easel is safe for children as young as 2. All of Hape’s products are non-toxic, child-safe, and crafted with durable materials.
- Lightweight and portable
- Double-sided easel
- Includes 2 chalk pieces and 1 eraser
- Also comes with a magnetic wood clamp
- The wood used for making this easel is sourced from environmentally sustainable forests
Now that we’ve come to the end of our list of the best kids easels, let’s take a look at why they are beneficial for children.
Benefits Of Kids Easels
- An easel can help unleash the artist, the scientist, or the creator inside of your child. When left with something as productive as this, little children step up and discover things on their own, and also gain confidence in their abilities.
- Most children are full of energy and prefer running around the house than just sitting in one spot. An easel can keep them grounded and this makes them patient.
- As most kids easel come with crayons, markers, erasers, and storage bins, it teaches a child that ‘there is a correct place for everything’. By using the trays and storage bins provided, it teaches children the importance of organization.
- In due course of time, a child learns how to use a paint brush or a marker on the board. This helps in improving his fine motor skills.
- The steps to creating something on the board may seem like a trivial task for us, but for a child, the steps may seem like quite a lot. Take a look at how your child first gets his hands on a paintbrush, how he mixes colors, and finally what he puts on paper. All of these steps help in improving his cognitive skills.
- When two toddlers work together on opposite sides of the same easel, they aren’t just communicating with each other, they are helping each other create something by themselves. This accelerates a child’s social development.
How To Choose The Right Kids Easels?
Here are some helpful tips that can help you choose the right easel for your child:
- Before you jump into buying one, do your homework well. Read online reviews and consult other parents.
- Pick a board that is double-sided (black board and magnetic dry-erase board).
- Ensure that the easel you are buying for your child is age appropriate. Some easels are strictly a no-no for children under 2.
- Make sure that the wood is sturdy and whatever paint has been used should ideally be non-toxic and child-safe.
- The easel shouldn’t be too heavy, but not extremely light as well. If it is too heavy, there is a risk of it tipping over and hurting your child.
- Pick an easel that also includes magnetic alphabets, number, chalks, and crayons. This way your child has many options to choose from when approaching the board.
- As children grow up quickly, it would be a wide decision to invest in an easel which is height adjustable.
- Another thing to keep in mind when choosing an easel is to find out if it is foldable or not. If it folds easily, the easier it is for you to stow it away when not in use.
Now that you are armed with all these helpful tips and a list of the best kids easels, you might just be a step away from introducing the world to the new Picasso, the new Einstein, or your very own “Little Sheldon”. Let us know which easel you liked best and why in the comments.