Listening to songs or podcasts through a pair of earphones can be comforting and uplifting for kids. Earphones cancel out background noise to give kids a relaxing experience. That said, you must choose a good pair of earphones that is safe for your child.
In this post, MomJunction shares the details of some of the best earphones (earbuds) for kids. The earphones on this list are perfect for budding musicians.
7 Best Earphones (Earbuds) For Kids
1. Panasonic ErgoFit In-Ear Earbud Headphones RP-HJE120-A
Available in 15 different color options and featuring a 3.6-feet-long cord, the Panasonic ErgoFit In-Ear Earbud is both trendy and practical. It comes with three pairs of super-soft earpads—small, medium, and large.
- The nine-millimeter neodymium drivers produce a wide frequency response to give you crystal clear sound.
- The earphone is quite affordable.
- The earpads fit your ears snugly.
- It doesn’t include an in-built microphone and volume control button.
2. JVC Gumy in Ear Earbud Headphones
This pair of wired earbud headphones for children boasts of a powerful sound quality. It is compatible with most phones, including iPhones. The deep bass and clear treble make it a winner in terms of sound quality.
- It comes with a 3.3ft-long cord and standard 3.5mm headphone input.
- The nine-millimeter driver units produce crystal clear sound.
- The earbuds and pads are soft, making them ideal for kids.
- It comes with three extra pairs of soft earpads—small, medium, and large.
- This pair of earphones does not come with an inbuilt microphone.
3. DTMNEP Unicorn Gifts Earbuds Earphones
This pair of earphones is a perfect gift option for your little angel. The set includes a pair of earphones, an earbud bag, and a cute keychain, which are packaged in a lovely unicorn box.
- This beauty is compatible with any standard 3.5mm headphone socket.
- The 49.2in cord is made of superior-quality TPE to prevent tangles.
- It comes with inbuilt microphone and volume control.
- The sound quality is impeccable, and the in-ear cushions cancel out background noise effectively.
- It does not come in other color options.
4. Joysico Sports Headphones Wired Over Ear In-ear Earbuds
This pair of headphones is perfect for kids and even adults with small ears. Designed for outdoor use, it is resilient to sweat and comes with a durable 52in cord. The memory foam eartips with angled design cancel out external noise effectively.
- The classic 3.5mm jack is compatible with all standard sockets.
- At low or high volumes, the quality of sound remains the same.
- The earbuds for kids do not fall out of the ear easily.
- It comes with four sets of soft eartips for different ear sizes.
- It features an inbuilt microphone and volume control.
- The volume control buttons may not be very durable.
5. Bluetooth 5.0 Wireless Headphones
This pair of Bluetooth-enabled, wireless headphones for kids is something else. It has good transmission speed and comes with 11mm speakers and a Realtek latest RCV (Real Clear Voice) noise reduction chip.
- Two hours of charging enable a playtime of 15 hours.
- It has been ergonomically designed to fit your ears snugly.
- The waterproof design makes it perfect for use in the gym and outdoors.
- It features a three-button control and is compatible with any Bluetooth-enabled device.
- Operating the headphones can be difficult for a kid who is not tech-savvy.
6. Stereo Bass in-Ear IPX7
This Bluetooth-enabled earbuds for kids boasts of a slick design and takes only an hour or so to charge completely. It is waterproof and sweat-proof and features silicon ear hoops that are comfortable.
- The CSR chipset technology offers you fast and stable signal transmission and crystal clear sound.
- The earbuds is waterproof and is ideal for use in the gym and outdoors.
- It features a built-in mic and volume controls.
- The over-ear silicon hook is ergonomically designed for a snug fit.
- It is available in six different colors and is compatible with most Bluetooth devices.
- The control buttons may not be very durable.
7. WRZ S8 Bluetooth 5.0 Earbuds
With its 120mAh battery, this pair of earbuds is sure to outrun your playlist. Switching to the call option from the music option or vice versa is almost instant and seamless.
- The bass does not overpower the melody like other wireless earbuds for kids.
- It comes with built-in microphones and volume controls.
- The nano-coating protects the earbuds from sweat and water.
- The battery can last up to nine hours.
- The design of the over-ear hooks could have been better.
Safety Measures For Children To Follow While Using Earphones
There are no age restrictions on the use of earphones. However, kids have smaller ear canals; and therefore, perceive sound louder than adults. To ensure the safety of your kid, keep the following points in mind:
- Keep the volume below 85 decibels.
- Clean the earbuds after use to remove ear wax and dust.
- Loud noise can cause damage to the inner ear of children. Thus, purchase earphones with volume control and noise-canceling features.
- Limit the usage to an hour or two a day.
Instill a love of music in your child with one of these earphones. We have selected these earphones keeping in mind the safety, entertainment, and comfort of your child. Which of these earphones do you think would delight your child? Let us know your choice in the comments section below.